The Alberta Rural Municipal Administrators Association was established in 1921, and advocates the interests of municipal government from an administrative perspective. The Association also provides a forum for the sharing of information amongst administrators from across the province.
The Association sponsors regular meetings with Deputy Ministers and senior bureaucrats from various government departments to discuss issues of concern, to offer input on Provincial programs and services affecting municipal government and to receive updates on upcoming or ongoing Provincial initiatives. ARMAA also hosts an annual convention featuring educational and information sessions, as well as the annual golf tournament that is held in conjunction with the Convention.
ARMAA and the RMA maintain a close working relationship with government agencies in order to advance the interests of Alberta municipalities. Sharing resources and participating in each others conventions and meeting are just some of the ways the associations have been able to support one another and Alberta ’s rural municipalities through the challenges of the past years.
If you are in a rural senior administrative position and wish to know more about joining ARMAA, please contact us at [email protected]
- Work in conjunction with any other organization having as its object the betterment of all branches of Municipal Government.
- To protect the interest of the councils of the various Municipal Districts, Counties, Improvement Districts and Specialized Municipalities and the public by insisting on appropriate professional standards for all its members and promoting a high degree of integrity, effectiveness and efficiency.
- To mutually assist each other in standardizing the work, methods and forms used and in solving questions arising from the administration of the various Acts and statutes now in force, or which may hereafter be enacted.
- To promote a higher standard of efficiency for all the members of the Association through the endorsement of educational standards and professional development.
- To obtain recognition of the importance and responsibility of the professional status of Rural Municipal Administrators.